1. Thumb Pluck Georgi-G song in rest position -
Georgi-G is fat and chubby
Davey-D is not so tubby
Andy-A is on a diet
Elsie-E is skinny-mini
Goal - be able to do this without looking at the strings. Find the strings by feeling with your thumb and by hearing with your ear.
2. Review parts of the violin and bow on page 2 of the book.
3. Practice songs on page 5, numbers 2-7, using this practice order -
a. Listen to the track on the included MP3 CD.
b. Point along in the book with the cd
c. Say the note names along with the cd
d. Sing along with the cd
e. Pluck along with the cd using thumb pluck in rest position
Reminders - if you don't have it already:
2. Folding Music Stand
3. Binder, loose leaf lined paper, pencil
4. Sound Innovations Book 1 for Violin - order online at http://www.amazon.com/Sound-Innovations-String-Orchestra-Violin/dp/B0045ZXCBA