1. Feet make a 'V' for Violin
2. Step feet shoulder width apart
3. Left hand on the violin shoulder underneath
4. Right hand at the base of the violin underneath
5. Violin up over your head (see picture on page 3)
6. Slide the violin over to your Left
7. Lower it down onto your left shoulder (keep violin level with the ground)
8. Bring chin "up, over, and down"
Lion Hold: Practice holding this for 5-30 seconds, increasing by 5 seconds each day.
Plucking Hand Set-Up:
1. Hold up plucking hand (fingers closed)
2. Thumbs up
4. Make a 'C'
5. Bring thumb to base of fingerboard
Pluck songs on page 5 in Playing Position with a good plucking hand:
1. No claw hand
2. Pluck over the fingerboard
Reminder: Make sure to get a shoulder cloth - 100% cotton, no dyes on the fabric.